The death of a loved one due to the negligence of another is a heartbreaking, traumatic experience. It can leave families feeling helpless and overwhelmed. Families of those who have been wrongfully killed in an accident have the right to seek compensation for their loss. Idrizi Law Group is dedicated to helping families in their time of need.
What Is Wrongful Death?Wrongful death is defined as a death caused by the negligent, reckless, or intentional actions of another. It is a form of civil action that is brought by the family of the deceased on behalf of the deceased. This action is taken to hold the responsible party liable for the death and to recover damages.
Types of Damages Available
When a wrongful death occurs, the family of the deceased may be eligible to receive compensatory damages. These damages are intended to compensate the family for their losses.
The types of damages that may be available include:
- Medical expenses: This includes medical care received by the deceased prior to their death and any medical expenses incurred by the family as a result of the death.
- Funeral expenses: This includes any costs associated with the funeral, burial, or cremation of the deceased.
- Pain and suffering: This includes compensation for the emotional distress suffered by the family due to the death.
- Lost wages: This includes compensation for the lost wages of the deceased, including any lost wages that would have been earned had the deceased not died.
- Lost benefits: This includes any benefits that the deceased would have received had they not died, such as health insurance, pension, or retirement benefits.
- Loss of companionship: This includes compensation for the loss of companionship and emotional support that the family has suffered due to the death.
Seeking Legal Help
Losing a loved one is an unimaginable tragedy, and navigating the legal process can make it even more overwhelming. However, with the help of an experienced wrongful death lawyer, you can understand your rights and seek the compensation you deserve.
At Idrizi Law Group, our dedicated team of Clearwater wrongful death attorneys is here to help you through this difficult time. We have the experience to guide you through the legal process and work to ensure that you receive the compensation you're entitled to. Contact us today for a compassionate and knowledgeable approach to your case.